Re: [RFC/PATCHSET 0/8] perf tools: Minimal build without libelf dependency(v2)

From: David Ahern
Date: Fri Jun 22 2012 - 11:35:44 EST

On 6/22/12 9:30 AM, Namhyung Kim wrote:
And build-id's are not required for report (-B option for record).

Also, the intent is for a small footprint binary for embedded systems.
On such a system I would expect binaries and libraries to be stripped,
so no point in running perf-archive.

But is there a chance that binaries on host still contains symbol (and
debug) information even for those cases?

AFAIK embedded systems do not have the luxury of symbols; the goal is as small as possible. All debugging information is left on the build servers for off line analysis. That's certainly true for the product I work on.

David