Re: multi-second application stall in open()

From: Vivek Goyal
Date: Fri Jun 22 2012 - 16:42:07 EST

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 03:22:01PM -0500, Josh Hunt wrote:

[..]
> It looks like my statement about busy_queues isn't entirely accurate.
> I'm seeing this later on in the trace:

Yes it is being called some times. But it is interesting to see that in
the instance you pasted in last mail, we did not see "schedule_dispatch"
message. Are you sure that other requests were queued at that point of
time and there were busy_queues? You can try printing cfqd->rq_queued
to verify that.

Also put some message in cfq_select_queue() to see why it did not select
a new queue before the stall.

Thanks
Vivek