Re: Accounting problem of MIGRATE_ISOLATED freed page

From: Minchan Kim
Date: Sun Jun 24 2012 - 21:19:55 EST

On 06/23/2012 11:59 AM, KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:

> One more.
>

>> +/*
>> + * NOTE:
>> + * Don't use set_pageblock_migratetype(page, MIGRATE_ISOLATE) direclty.
>> + * Instead, use {un}set_pageblock_isolate.
>> + */
>> void set_pageblock_migratetype(struct page *page, int migratetype)
>> {
>> if (unlikely(page_group_by_mobility_disabled))
>
> I don't think we need this comment. please just add BUG_ON.

It adds new condition check in __rmqueue_fallback.
If it's okay, no problem.

But as you know, calling MIGRATE_ISOLATE is very very rare and we can
make sure it's no problem on existing code. So the problem is future
user and I hope they can look at the code comment before using and we mm
have strong review system rather than other subsystem, I believe. :)

If you can't agree, I am willing to add BUG_ON but not sure others
like it. (Especially, Mel).

--
Kind regards,
Minchan Kim