Re: UEFI and custom kernel

From: Chris Jones
Date: Tue Jun 26 2012 - 19:20:32 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
For x86 the UEFI "secure" boot requirement is that the user can disable secure boot. For ARM it is that the user *cannot* disable secure boot. So in the PC space at least it's "business as usual" providing you jump that hoop, and hopefully with the tools sorted it'll be viable to sign your own kernels and use your own keys. Alan

Thanks Alan. I never realized that for x86 based hardware, nothing would change once disabled. In fact, I was not even aware that it could be disabled to begin with. Thank you.

Regards

--
Chris Jones @ kernel.devproject@xxxxxxxxx
and oracle.kerneldev@xxxxxxxxx

OpenSUSE Linux x86_64 (PC)|Android (Smartphone)|Windows 7 (Laptop)|Windows XP (Gaming)
Linux kernel developer|Solaris kernel developer|Lead Developer of SDL|Lead Developer of Nest Linux
Gamer and Emulator nut|Web Services|Digital Imaging Services
Controllers: Rapier V2 Gaming mouse|Logitech Precision|PS3 controller|XB360 controller|Logitech Attack 3 j/stick
Emulators: Fusion|Gens|ZSNES|Project64|PCSX-R|Stella|WinVICE|WinUAE|DOSBox