Re: SPI, GPIO, and DT maintainer ship (cry for help)

From: Rob Herring
Date: Mon Jul 02 2012 - 00:11:30 EST

Grant,

On 07/01/2012 07:49 PM, Grant Likely wrote:
> Hi Wolfram, Rob & Linus W.
>
> I believe all three of you know that I'm in the process of moving to
> Scotland. The house is on the market and we have flights booked for
> the end of July.

Cool!

> The problem is that the move is becoming so much work that I barely
> have time to sit down with the computer, let alone handle patches. It
> probably isn't going to get any better either until the kids are
> settled in their new school (mid August). I need help to prepare for
> the next merge window, and quite possibly the next window. Since you
> three have agreed to co-maintain those subsystems with me, can you
> please take a look at the patches that have been posted, pick up the
> ones that look ready to go to you, and get them into linux-next? I
> may even need you to send pull requests to Linus when the window opens
> if I'm still under water.

No problem. I am going on vacation the last part of July, but should be
online off and on. There hasn't been too much that needs to be merged
thru DT tree. I have been queuing up a few things, but hadn't yet
replied on them as my last pull request hadn't been pulled.

> Also, if you have any bug fixes that need to go into v3.5, go ahead
> and send them on to Linus directly (Rob, I think I saw a pull request
> from you).

Yes, will do.

> Things will definitely be better after the move is finished and
> ksummit/plumbers is over. Until then, thanks in advance for anything
> you can do to help with the load.

See you in San Diego and good luck with the move.

Rob