Re: rcu: BUG: spinlock recursion on CPU#3, trinity-child19/5970

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Mon Jul 02 2012 - 10:36:20 EST

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 07:22 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > OK, so it looks like the context-switch-time call into preemptible RCU
> > needs to be outside of the runqueue-lock critical section. One way
> > to do this is be reverting 616c310e (Move PREEMPT_RCU preemption to
> > switch_to() invocation). Sasha, could you please try this out?
>
> Hmmmm... Here is a patch for this reversion on top of -rcu with
> conflicts resolved.

It looks like how I've resolved it.

Just for clarity, the only rcu related patch I have on top of -next is
this reversal one. I've dropped anything we tested before.

Looks like its running fine for a bit now (~10 min). I'll ping if
anything changes, but on the other tests it has usually failed at this
point.