Re: linux-next : cpuidle - could you add my tree please

From: Daniel Lezcano
Date: Mon Jul 02 2012 - 18:14:32 EST

On 07/02/2012 09:49 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Monday, July 02, 2012, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>>
>> On 07/02/2012 11:09 AM, Linus Walleij wrote:

>>> Thanks for doing this.
>>>
>>> Since MAINTAINERS is lacking a listed maintainer for cpuidle,
>>> are you also going to add yourself as maintainer and list this
>>> tree in that file, or is this a one-time exercise?
>>
>> I will be glad to do that if Len and Rafael agree on that.
>
> Len Brown has been a cpuidle maintainer for some time now. Moreover,
> he's been taking patches, but Linus refused to pull his entire tree during the
> last merge window (as you probably know). I honestly don't think this is
> a good enough reason for replacing him as a cpuidle maintainer by force.
>
> So, you should ask Len whether or not he's willing to pass the cpuidle
> maintenance to someone else.

No, no. You are misunderstanding what I am proposing. I don't want to
replace Len I just want to act as a "proxy". I understand a maintainer
can be busy and could not have enough time to take care of the subsystem
is maintaining during a period because he's too busy for that.
Trust me, I fully understand that :)

As there are a lot of modifications of cpuidle, I am proposing to take
the patches when they are acked-by, to create a consolidated tree,
providing a better integration for cpuidle, a wider testing, preventing
conflicts and facilitating Len's work if he agrees to pull from this tree.

If that makes sense to add myself to the MAINTAINER file as a
co-maintainer (understand: send to me also the patches, so I can take
care of them if Len does not respond), I am ok with that.

It is just about helping :)

> I know that Len hasn't been responsive recently, but I also know that he
> _does_ respond to inquiries sent directly to him.

Do you mean to its intel address ?

Thanks
-- Daniel

<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org â Open source software for ARM SoCs