Re: long boot delays caused by 070ad7e7 floppy change

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Jul 03 2012 - 16:11:44 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Doing it asynchronously like Andi does helps a bit,

I think it would be more effective if the floppy driver initialized
earlier, I think I have some slowdown because it starts too late.

> but I suspect we
> could make the reset timeout shorter still just to make the initial
> "you don't have a floppy drive" code go faster.
>
> That said, why even compile in the floppy driver any more?

I used to boot simulators from make fdimage some time ago. Until
the kernels got too large :-)

But yes make isoimage is the way to go and

I'll remove it from my configs.

Thanks for the debugging.

-Andi

--