Re: AF_BUS socket address family

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Thu Jul 05 2012 - 17:06:28 EST

On Saturday 2012-06-30 01:12, Vincent Sanders wrote:

>Firstly it is intended is an interprocess mechanism and not to rely on
>a configured IP system, indeed one of its primary usages is to
>provide mechanism for various tools to set up IP networking.

Using IP as a localhost IPC is not uncommon (independent of
software preferring AF_UNIX, if so available). Distro boot
scripts have been running `ip addr add ::1/128 dev lo`
all these years along.

And now we suddently need a DBUS program just to configure
IP-based localhost IPC? I can see the flaw in that.