Re: 82571EB: Detected Hardware Unit Hang

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Mon Jul 09 2012 - 05:21:18 EST

On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 16:51 +0800, Joe Jin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm seeing a Unit Hang even with the latest e1000e driver 2.0.0 when doing
> scp test. this issue is easy do reproduced on SUN FIRE X2270 M2, just copy
> a big file (>500M) from another server will hit it at once.
>
> Would you please help on this?

Its a known problem.

But apparently Intel guys are not very responsive, as they have another
patch than the following :

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/232669

We only have to wait they push their alternative patch, eventually.

In the mean time, you can use Hiroaki SHIMODA patch, it works.