Re: Ask a question about regulator always_on and boot_on

From: Mark Brown
Date: Mon Jul 09 2012 - 07:15:55 EST

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 10:29:54AM +0800, çèè wrote:

> Sorry to bother you.

You appear to be asking exactly the same question as you asked last
week (and this is also the second time you asked today...).
Unsurprisingly the answer is also exactly the same.

> When I set the regulator always_on and boot_on item as 0 at the initial stage.

> The regulator should not enabled, right?

No. always_on means that the regulator will never be disabled. boot_on
means that the regulator is expacted to

> Why not add these code for the obvious operation to disable the regulator at initial stage?

The goal is still that the system specifies full constraints which means
that any unused regulators are powered down.