ARM mini-summit

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Wed Jul 11 2012 - 07:28:44 EST

On Wednesday 11 July 2012, James Bottomley wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have set aside the second day of the kernel summit (Tuesday 28
> August) as mini-summit day. So far we have only the PCI mini summit on
> this day, so if you can think of other topics, please send them to the
> kernel summit discuss list:
>
> ksummit-2012-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Looking at the available rooms, we think we can run about four or five
> mini summits.
>
> As an added incentive, mini summit organisers get to pick who they
> invite and all the people they pick will get an automatic invitation to
> the third day of the kernel summit (but not the core first day) and the
> evening events.

There is a lot of interest in having another ARM mini-summit, as we had last
year. Previously, Grant Likely organized this with Olof and me, but right now
Grant is in an extended offline period and Olof is currently on vacation
as well. Will Deacon already contacted me and he is interested in helping
out with organizing the mini-summit, so the two of us could be the primary
contacts, with Grant and Olof joining in as time permits.

I'm planning to send out an initial email to potential participants today
or tomorrow to get an idea of who would be joining. Do you have an upper
limit to the number of people that you expect a mini-summit? I think we
could easily get 30 or more people that want to come, but we can also
restrict it to a smaller size.

Arnd