Re: [GIT PULL] x86/mce fix (ready for 3.6 merge window)

From: Tony Luck
Date: Wed Jul 11 2012 - 12:26:09 EST

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - If it's for v3.6 then the Cc: stable backport is not
> justified. Either it's for tip:x86/urgent and then we'll
> merge it straight away, or for tip:x86/mce for v3.6 and then
> there's no Cc: stable tag.

The commit that this fixes was included in 3.4 - so I was thinking that this
should be backported to stable 3.4 ... but 3.4 isn't a long term release, so
it will be abandoned when 3.5 is released.

Since we are at -rc6 and this isn't a regression from the current merge,
I figured that it wasn't a candidate for immediate merge ... hence the
3.6 request. So it would appear that there isn't a way that this can make
it back to 3.4-stable.

I'll fix up all the other stuff and send a new pull (still for 3.6,
and still with
a Cc: stable for backport to 3.5)

-Tony