RE: 82571EB: Detected Hardware Unit Hang

From: Dave, Tushar N
Date: Wed Jul 11 2012 - 14:51:21 EST

Joe,

I see couple of errors in lspci output.
Device capability status register shows UnCorrectable PCIe error. This means there is certainly something went wrong. The only way to recover from Uncorrectable errors is reset.

DevSta: CorrErr- *UncorrErr+ FatalErr+ UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr+ TransPend-

Also AER sections in lspci output shows PCIe completion timeout.

Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
UESta: DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- *CmpltTO+ CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq+ ACSViol-

I suggest you should load AER driver and check for any error messages in log. Also please check any error message reported by system in BIOS log. Are there any machine check errors?

When did you notice this issue? have 82571 ever been working before on this server?

One more thing, Cache line size 256 is little unusual( I never seen this value before, mostly it's 64). Does BIOS settings have been changed? Are you using default BIOS setting?

Thanks.

-Tushar