Re: [GIT pull] leap second fixes for 3.5

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Fri Jul 13 2012 - 18:21:47 EST

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> Linus,
>
> please pull the latest timers-urgent-for-linus git tree from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git timers-urgent-for-linus
>
> It's a rather large series, but well discussed, refined and
> reviewed. It got a massive testing by John, Prarit and tip.
>
> In theory we could split it into two parts. The first two patches
>
> 5baefd6: hrtimer: Update hrtimer base offsets each hrtimer_interrupt
> f6c06ab: timekeeping: Provide hrtimer update function
>
> are merily preventing the stuff loops forever issues, which people
> have observed.

I'm a moron. Copied from teh wrong direction. That should be:

f55a6fa: hrtimer: Provide clock_was_set_delayed()
4873fa0: timekeeping: Fix leapsecond triggered load spike issue

That are the two commits which do the basic damage containment.

Gah, I explicitely asked some involved person to look over that mail
before I sent it. :(

Grumbling out of a brown paperbag

tglx