Re: formail doing weird things (was: [ 01/37] Remove easilyuser-triggerable BUG from generic_setlease)

From: Roland Eggner
Date: Wed Jul 18 2012 - 14:28:22 EST

On 2012-07-17 Tuesday at 17:14 -0700 Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 05:02:38PM -0700, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> > From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > 3.4-stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let me know.
> >
> > ------------------
>
> Argh, I give up, I just can't get message threading working properly
> these days. These are the 3.4 patches, in response to the 3.0 patches,
> and it took 2 tries to send them out due to formail doing wierd things.

A few months ago I could fix my âformail troublesâ by removing option â-dâ from
formail calls in my scripts. formail manpage conceals nasty consequences of âdo
not require strict mbox formatâ: nearly any âfromâ nearby an empty line and
probably other things will trigger message splitting.

Maybe this helps you or somebody else.

Sorry for being slightly OT, and many thanks for your great maintainance work on
stable kernel releases.

--
Roland Eggner