More irqdomain problems (Was: next/mmotm unbootable on G5:irqdomain)

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Mon Jul 23 2012 - 02:33:14 EST

Allright, another one Grant:

unsigned int irq_find_mapping(struct irq_domain *domain,
irq_hw_number_t hwirq)
{
struct irq_data *data;

/* Look for default domain if nececssary */
if (domain == NULL)
domain = irq_default_domain;
if (domain == NULL)
return 0;

switch (domain->revmap_type) {
case IRQ_DOMAIN_MAP_LEGACY:
return irq_domain_legacy_revmap(domain, hwirq);
case IRQ_DOMAIN_MAP_LINEAR:
return irq_linear_revmap(domain, hwirq);
case IRQ_DOMAIN_MAP_TREE:
rcu_read_lock();
data = radix_tree_lookup(&domain->revmap_data.tree, hwirq);
rcu_read_unlock();
if (data)
return data->irq;
- break;
+ return 0;
case IRQ_DOMAIN_MAP_NOMAP:

Please, stick a proper commit message and my s-o-b and see if you can fix
your tree before you ask Linus to pull because that's not pretty on any
pseries .... irq_find_mapping() does get called for all interrupt the
first time it's mapped to check if there's a pre-existing mapping, so
the case of the thing being unpopulated is absolutely legit.

the NOMAP case has a similar dubious exit case but since I'm not that
familiar with NOMAP I haven't touched it.

Cheers,
Ben.