Re: [git pull] vfs.git; pile 1

From: Al Viro
Date: Mon Jul 23 2012 - 05:03:54 EST

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:20:25AM +0300, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> On 07/22/2012 11:20 PM, Al Viro wrote:
>
> > I think the least painful solution is this: I've created a new branch
> > (for-linus-2) in there, growing off the parent of merge in nfs.git.
> > I've put the fixup to kern_path_locked() there as a separate commit
> > + stuff that went in for-linus after that point.
> >

> Does this means that between "kern_path_locked() patch" and it's fixup
> the tree is not bisectable? or is it just an enhancement/simplification?
>
> Not having any opinion, just wants to know

It is bisectable, all right; lookup_one_len() is OK there (note that
places converted to kern_path_locked() used to use it before the
conversion. It's just that lookup_one_len() is an overkill - we
have already checked exec permissions on parent and we'd already
calculated the full qstr for last component - both length and hash.
All that is left to do is actual __lookup_hash()...