Re: Suse 11 SP1 kernel panic on HP hardware

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Tue Jul 24 2012 - 17:51:33 EST

On 07/24/2012 12:56 PM, tingwei liu wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:39:20 +0800
>> tingwei liu <tingw.liu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Suse 11 SP1 kernel panicã
>>>
>>> I can't debug it without debuginfo. Who can give me a link of sels
>>> 2.6.32.12-0.7.default.debug or give some advise.
>>
>> For distribution kernels (which tend to contain lots of other patches)
>> it is best to talk to your distribution support as a starter and/or their
>> forums.
>>
> I have report bug on suse website, but I haven't got any response until now!

Well, where exactly?

> Can you give some advice?
> I thought this maybe a kernel bug.

Yes, first upgrade to the latest kernel provided by Suse (2.6.32.59).

You can also try to reproduce with -vanilla flavour. This is a pure
upstream version with no suse patches (you will lose apparmor for example):
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/SLE11-SP1/SUSE_SLE-11_SP1/

thanks,
--
js