Re: [Ilw] Re: 3.4-rc2, ilwagn still most of the time completelyunusable

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Tue Jul 24 2012 - 23:07:33 EST

Hi Johannes,

Sorry for the late reply, I was travelling around the world ...
I have now tested the =2 and =4 settings at home, with the following
outcome:

On Do, 12 Jul 2012, Johannes Berg wrote:
> With the latest, I've extended 11n_disable to have more bits.
>
> 11n_disable=1 will disable HT completely
> 11n_disable=2 will disable TX aggregation
> 11n_disable=4 will disable RX aggregation

11n_disabled=2:
lots of messages
Open BA session requested for 00:0a:79:eb:56:10 tid 0
BA request denied - HW unavailable for tid 0
and
Rx BA session stop requested for 00:0a:79:eb:56:10 tid 0 inititator reason: 0
Rx A-MPDU request on tid 0 result 0

Connection is stable for quite some time, but after 1-2 hours I got
a bad hang, grinding to a halt. pings to kernel.org gives 26%
packet loss, but the rest of the packets are fast 130ms

(Isn't that a strange thing - 25+% packet loss and all others are fast?)
I assume the packaet loss is related to the above messages.

11n_disabled=4:

lots of messages
Rx A-MPDU request on tid 0 result -22
and at some point ping timeouts of 80+ secs (!) and then total hang
(as far as I remember)

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094