Re: Huge performance degradation for UDP between 2.4.17 and 2.6

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Aug 03 2012 - 01:13:20 EST

On 08/02/2012 06:27 AM, leroy christophe wrote:
Hi

I'm having a big issue with UDP. Using a powerpc board (MPC860).

With our board running kernel 2.4.17, I'm able to send 160000 voice packets (UDP, 96 bytes per packet) in 11 seconds.
With the same board running either Kernel 2.6.35.14 or Kernel 3.4.7, I need 55 seconds to send the same amount of packets.

Is there anything to tune in order to get same output rate as with Kernel 2.4 ?

Have you tried profiling it to see where the time is being spent? Also turning off any unnecessary features, debugging, etc?

Chris