Re: POI: nvidia forcedeth phy id not present

From: Janpieter Sollie
Date: Fri Aug 10 2012 - 13:08:38 EST

A primary concern seems to be solved (4k frame size).
However, it is not really a patch yet, just a dirty workaround (just replaced ETH_DATA_LEN with
a value 4000, my switch is limited to 4k)

486c486
< #define NV_PKTLIMIT_1_ETH_DATA_LEN /* hard limit not known */
---
> #define NV_PKTLIMIT_1 4000 /* hard limit not known */

I will try to improve the MTU detection in driver, but it can take some time before I really
understand what each function does. I do not know if this workaround forces a value to the
'initiated' phy, or just forces a wrong MTU to be used on standard nvidia cards.
the results are worth considering: dd -if=//server/share of=/dev/null went from 91 to 112 mbps
(and this is no file cache, the pc has 2gb ram (>50% used by GUI) and the source file is 30 ...)
any help developing a patch may be useful. Is there some documentation about this driver module?