Re: Logitech USB headset not working in 3.6-rc3

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Sat Aug 25 2012 - 07:26:19 EST

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 00:30:22 +0200,
Daniel Mack <zonque@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So what does "isn't working anymore" refer to precisely? Are there any
more dmesg entries generated once the stream is started?

When I try to play music, the progress bar for the song doesn't advance and there is no audbile sound. I am able to use sound preferences to change the configuration for the device. (The headset has a few different output modes and the like.)

I saved dmesg output in a file, tried to start a song, saved dmesg output to another file. diff reported the two files as identical. So trying to play music doesn't seem to trigger dmesg output.

I see this behavior on three different computers. Rebooting into an old
enough kernel gets things working again. The older kernels also have older initramfs images. I could rebuild those to see if there is some issue there instead of the kernels themselves?