[RFC] First attempt at kernel secure boot support

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Tue Sep 04 2012 - 11:56:35 EST

The UEFI Secure Boot trust model is based on it not being possible for a
user to cause a signed OS to boot an unsigned OS, even if that user has
administrative privileges. This is an initial attempt at a set of patches
to reduce root's ability to modify the kernel. We've done this with an
additional capability for a couple of reasons:

1) CAP_SYS_RAWIO already covers pretty much everything we want, but also
disables a lot of functionality that we don't want to lose. Following
the same model seems reasonable.
2) This capability may be more generically useful for some use-cases.
Adding a set of hardcoded is_secure_boot() checks in the same places would
prevent that.

Feedback welcome.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx