Re: [RFC 0/5] forced comounts for cgroups.

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Wed Sep 05 2012 - 06:21:10 EST

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 13:31 +0400, Glauber Costa wrote:

> You wouldn't have to do more than one hierarchy walks for that. What
> Tejun seems to want, is the ability to not have a particular controller
> at some point in the tree. But if they exist, they are always together.

Right, but the accounting is very much tied to the control structures, I
suppose we could change that, but my jet-leg addled brain isn't seeing
anything particularly nice atm.

But I don't really see the point though, this kind of interface would
only ever work for the non-controlling and controlling controller
combination (confused yet ;-), and I don't think we have many of those.

I would really rather see a simplification of the entire cgroup
interface space as opposed to making it more complex. And adding this
subtree 'feature' only makes it more complex.