Re: [Patch 0/1]drm_irq: Introducing the irq_thread support

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Wed Sep 05 2012 - 11:31:27 EST

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 03:12:39PM +0000, Shi, Yang A wrote:
> Hi Vetter:
>
> Do you mean we can just not use drm_irq_install, and make
> request_irq in our kernel driver pre-install or post-install
> interface?

Well, you cant use the pre_install/post_install hooks the drm_irq code
provides, but yes, just do the request_irq in your driver code at the
right time, with the right parameters. Much easier than adding code to a
part of the drm core fraught with backwards-compat stuff no one really
wants to touch ... All the additional stuff besides calling request_irq
and the driver hooks that drm_irq_install does is really just to support
old dri1 userspace.

Yours, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter