[QUESTION] Can we remove the local_irq_enable() in function panic()?

From: Liu, Chuansheng
Date: Thu Sep 06 2012 - 22:21:09 EST

Hi all,

Could some one give help that removing the local_irq_enable() in function panic()?

Currently I meet one case that when panic happening at irq disabling state with spin_lock,
After panic() is called, due to local_irq_enable() is called, it causes some interrupts come,
and cause more issue that "BUG: spinlock recursion on CPU#0".

Checked the git history, do not find any hint for local_irq_enable(), can any share something?
Thanks.

Panic()
{
local_irq_enable();