Re: [GIT PULL] sound fixes for 3.6-rc6

From: Jeff King
Date: Thu Sep 13 2012 - 09:10:34 EST

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 02:28:51PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > FWIW, it was an output from git-pull-request, which fell back to the
> > equivalent branch. Usually I check it manually but I forgot it at
> > this time just before going to a meeting.
> >
> > This was with git 1.7.11.5. I'll check whether this still happens
> > with 1.7.12.
>
> The same problem still happens with git 1.7.12.
> This is rather annoying than useful.

I can't reproduce here. What is your exact request-pull invocation? Is
request-pull showing a warning like:

warn: You locally have sound-3.6 but it does not (yet)
warn: appear to be at git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git
warn: Do you want to push it there, perhaps?

(it should do so since v1.7.11.2). Maybe we need to make it possible to
bump that warning to a fatal error?

-Peff