Re: [GIT PULL] sound fixes for 3.6-rc6

From: Junio C Hamano
Date: Thu Sep 13 2012 - 11:14:23 EST

Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> I can't reproduce here. What is your exact request-pull invocation?

This question was not answerd. Did you ask request-pull to ask for
a branch to be pulled, or did you ask it to ask for the tag to be
pulled?

If the former, I would have say it is a pebcak. Linus asked you to
ask a signed tag to be pulled, and you want to have the tag to be
pulled, but if you do not give "git request-pull" the tag but a
branch that the tag points at, the command does not have a good
reason to countermand your (apparent) wish that the branch is what
is to be pulled.

>> Is request-pull showing a warning like:
>>
>> warn: You locally have sound-3.6 but it does not (yet)
>> warn: appear to be at git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git
>> warn: Do you want to push it there, perhaps?
>
> Hm, it looks like the check is performed only for tag objects.
> In the example below, no warning appears:
> % git tag mytest for-next
> % git request-pull mytest~ git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git mytest
>
> With an annotated or a signed tag, git seems giving a warning like
> above, indeed. So my test seemed wrong. Sorry for the noise.

OK.