Re: ARM Development Platform

From: Felipe Balbi
Date: Fri Sep 14 2012 - 04:24:18 EST

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 08:55:29AM +0100, davi@xxxxxxx wrote:
> To get used to develop for ARM, do you think I should focus on Linux kernel
> development or on Android project development?

it really depends on what you actually wanna do. These days there are
many, as Linus once said, "throw-away cheap" ARM boards out there. Check
out BeagleBoard XM, PandaBoard, BeagleBone and Raspberry Pi to name a
few.

> Would a Cortex-A* chip be valid as development platform? If so I will buy

Cortex-A is the newest "family" of ARM Cores (if you can call it that).
Cortex-A15 being the newest one and Cortex-A8 being the lowest end.

All you have to do is choose a board, choose what you actually want to
hack on, and start hacking.

cheers

--
balbi