RE: [RFC/PATCH 2/2] block: Adding ROW scheduling algorithm

From: Tanya Brokhman
Date: Fri Sep 21 2012 - 00:58:47 EST

Hi Jan

> There seems to a bug with ROW. After about 43 hours of continued
> operation, programs (./configure was what I ran at the time this
> happened) first become slow, then got stuck in D state within a minute.
Ctrl-
> C/Z worked at first, soon not, then these messages appeared in dmesg.
>
> [319952.630605] row: forced dispatching is broken (nr_sorted=17), please
(nr_sorted=17),
> please report this

Thank you very much for reporting this!
We're now at the testing phase as well. We didn't encounter the bug you
observed but I'll look into it. Thanks again.

Thanks,
Tanya Brokhman
---
QUALCOMM ISRAEL, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation