Re: gma500_gfx black screen

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Sep 21 2012 - 08:58:26 EST

> I could not find any indication that this problem has been fixed yet
> in 3.6rc.

Should be fixed in the very latest 3.6-rc. I got a report from someone
else that I could duplicate and pin down exactly. It's made somewhat
more complicated by the fact that another bug got introduced and then
fixed across the same period.

> I have to use a USB to serial converter as the tablet has no serial
> port. I can't get a serial console at all with the Ubuntu stock kernel
> probably because the pl2303 driver is not built into the kernel but
> rather loaded as module.

Correct

> 1. What other debugging options do I have so I can help with fixing
> the gma500_gfx driver.
> 2. Are there any single commits I could try on top of e.g. a stock
> 3.2.x kernel to see which one caused this regression?

Can you try the latest 3.6-rc release. The commit in question is
"gma500: Fix regression on Oaktrail devices"