Re: RCU idle CPU detection is broken in linux-next

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Fri Sep 21 2012 - 09:26:19 EST

On 09/21/2012 02:13 PM, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
>> This might be unrelated, but I got the following dump as well when trinity
>> > decided it's time to reboot my guest:
> OK, sounds like we should hold off until you reproduce, then.

I'm not sure what you mean.

There are basically two issues I'm seeing now, which reproduce pretty much every
time:

1. The "using when idle" warning.
2. The rcu related hangs during shutdown.

The first one appears early on when I start fuzzing, the other one happens when
shutting down - so both of them are reproducible in the same session.

Thanks,
Sasha