Re: Work queue questions

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Sat Sep 22 2012 - 02:13:49 EST

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM, anish singh
<anish198519851985@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Assuming single core,Is my explanation correct about concurrency?

Yes, for bound workqueues, that's correct. Concurrency management
doesn't apply to unbound ones tho. Didn't notice Deepawali's test case
either just didn't take long enough for the scheduler to interleave
the workers or is using a workqueue w/ max_active == 1. I'm afraid
this won't be a particularly productive discussion without the source
code. For more details, please read Documentation/workqueue.txt.

Thanks.

--
tejun