Re: [patch 00/16] sched: per-entity load-tracking

From: "Jan H. Schönherr"
Date: Mon Sep 24 2012 - 05:39:03 EST

Hi Paul.

Am 23.08.2012 16:14, schrieb pjt@xxxxxxxxxx:
> Please find attached the latest version for CFS load-tracking.

Originally, I thought, this series also takes care of
the leaf-cfs-runqueue ordering issue described here:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/18/86

Now, that I had a closer look, I see that it does not take
care of it.

Is there still any reason why the leaf_cfs_rq-list must be sorted?
Or could we just get rid of the ordering requirement, now?

(That seems easier than to fix the issue, as I suspect that
__update_blocked_averages_cpu() might still punch some holes
in the hierarchy in some edge cases.)

I'd like to see that issue resolved. :)

Regards
Jan