Re: Sound got mute in kernel 3.5.4 (Fast Track Pro USB Sound Card),found commit that causes it - how to proceed?

From: Andrzej Giniewicz
Date: Mon Sep 24 2012 - 09:05:42 EST

On 22.09.2012 11:14, Andrzej Giniewicz wrote:
> On 20.09.2012 18:33, Andrzej Giniewicz wrote:
>> today I updated kernel to 3.5.4 and noticed, that all my sound from Fast
>> Track Pro USB Sound Card got mute. I haven't noticed any error reports
>> or messages, all seems to work, the card is just silent. I downgraded to
>> 3.5.3 and applied patched from usb sound module one by one and found
>> out, that 3.5.4 minus " ALSA: snd-usb: fix calls to next_packet_size "
>> works fine:
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=commitdiff;h=ca150f7ade5973c3bce19261bca6174d5c3cc342
> On Arch Linux forums we got another report, that USB Sound Card got
> mute, and works again after removing that change, so there are least two
> affected devices now:
>
> ID 04d2:5051 Altec Lansing Technologies
> ID 0763:2012 Midiman M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Got report about third case of muted device, this time more popular one:

ID 041e:3040 Creative Technology, Ltd SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit External
SB0490

I don't know if those informations help at all, but this is best I can
do for now, because I have no idea what to look for. I have one of
affected devices and I have no troubles with patching/rebuilding module,
so I'd be happy to offer any help, just tell me what logs, device info
or debug outputs are needed and I will do my best to provide them.