Re: arch/x86/lib/inat.c Error

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Sep 25 2012 - 05:13:19 EST

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 06:16:50PM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> >> That's because all those _tables thingies are included from a
> >> "inat-tables.c" in the same directory but it somehow doesn't get
> >> included?!
> >>
> >> Can we get your .config pls? Also, you're doing a "normal" kernel build
> >> on the command line, right?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
>

> Your config builds OK for me.
> Do you see this line in your build output before inat.c is built?
>

> GEN arch/x86/lib/inat-tables.c

Yeah, this looks like stale files from the build or similar are not
being properly cleaned. Franklin, do the following:

$ cp .config /tmp/
$ make mrproper
$ cp /tmp/.config .
$ make oldconfig
$ make -j<num_cpus + 1>

to verify that a clean build actually fixes your issue.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.