Re: hot-added cpu is not asiggned to the correct node

From: Yasuaki Ishimatsu
Date: Tue Sep 25 2012 - 20:34:09 EST

Hi Dan,

At first, thank you for your comment.

2012/09/24 18:33, Dan Carpenter wrote:
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 02:33:11PM +0900, Yasuaki Ishimatsu wrote:
When I hot-added CPUs and memories simultaneously using container driver,
all the hot-added CPUs were mistakenly assigned to node0.

Is this something which used to work correctly? If so which was the
most recent working kernel?

The cpu hot-adding is first time on my x86 box. So I don't know
whether old kernel can work well or not. But it seems that x86
does not permit to create memory-less-node. So I guess the problem
occurs on old kernel.

Thanks,
Yasuaki Ishimatsu

regards,