Re: mtd: kernel BUG at arch/x86/mm/pat.c:279!

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Sep 28 2012 - 15:13:42 EST

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am not the maintainer, but please, go ahead an push your fix. I do not
> have time to test it myself and it does not look like anyone else in the
> small mtd community does.

Grr. I told people that patch wasn't tested. I hadn't even *compiled*
it. It has a typo ("inlint" instead of "inline" - so close).

Sasha said he had tested it, but nobody even mentioned this thing. Now
I'm nervous. I had committed it in my tree and was just about to push
it out when I decided that I should at least compile it despite the
"tested-by".

Hmm? Now I really *really* want to know that it's been tested on
actual hardware too. Sasha, what patch did you actually test? Did you
just fix the "inlint" thing, or was there something else entirely?

Linus

PS. Artem: your "Reply-to" is broken, and doesn't have your real name.
Please fix.