DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW issue on ARM

From: trisha yad
Date: Wed Oct 03 2012 - 08:06:12 EST

Dear All,
In kernel 3.0.X we find "Check for stackoverflow"
(CONFIG_DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW) implementation for following
architecture:
frv, mn10300, m32r, tile, x86, mips, powerpc, blackfin except ARM.

Therefore we implemented the similar functionality for ARM in asm_do_IRQ();
We have tested it using a test module.ko that allocate memory on kernel stack.

This test code work fine on single core, but fail to detect stack
overflow in multi-core ARM. While debugging we found that
interrupts were occurring only in CPU0, while the test module was
running in CPU1, since the kernel stack of CPU0 is unaffected
by CPU1 kernel stack, it fails to detect the problem.

However when I upgraded the kernel from 3.0 to 3.4, the stack overflow
detection started working.

I wish to know how can I support this function in 3.0 ?

Regards