Re: [GIT PULL] user namespace compile fix for 3.7

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Wed Oct 03 2012 - 19:38:24 EST

Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 04:03:54PM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>>
>> Linus,
>>
>> Please pull the for-linus git tree from:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace.git for-linus
>>
>> HEAD: 702e490211b2b7e448ebe1b3a07d97ad2fc07e03 userns: Fix build of drivers/staging/dgrp
>>
>> This tree contains a trivial build fix for one of the staging drivers
>> when user namespace support is enabled.
>
> Is this something new? Why didn't it show up in the linux-next builds?

Yes this appears to have been a silent merge conflict between my user
namespace tree and your staging tree.

I care because it breaks my builds.

This build failure only shows up when CONFIG_USER_NS is enabled which
would have required a randconfig build in linux-next for it to show up.

When I get the last of the filesystems converted for 3.8 this kind of
failure should stop hiding in the more customary build checks.

> I'll be glad to take this single patch myself and queue it up with other
> staging tree fixes before 3.7-final is out, what is the big rush?

I figured I found it, I fixed it, and I am going to be carrying the fix
anyway in my tree, so why not make it easy on everyone and make it a
patch that can be pulled.

Eric