Re: interrupt context

From: Iain Fraser
Date: Fri Oct 05 2012 - 14:15:16 EST

Actually Theodore I've been thinking about your reply. Surely the
kernel doesn't care about a processes locks. Because a process can be
pre-empted at any-time. Isn't that the same as allowing
a process to be scheduled in interrupt context?

I understand the other reason, i.e. not allowing the idle process to
sleep is critical. And also appreciate that async scheduling a process
( other than preemption ) is very unfair to say the least :)

Cheers
Iain