Re: 3.5 regression on i915

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Fri Oct 05 2012 - 19:58:51 EST

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 09:48:57AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> Any reason you don't have KMS, you'll keep hitting these non-kms bugs
> since it has no users anymore really.
>
> Granted they'll get fixed, but I suspect its a losing battle over time.

Well, back in old times every time I tried to enable it, I only ran into
problems so I got used to disable it, which made sense since it didn't
bring me any benefit.

I can retry with it if needed, but if we consider that it is necessary,
then we should probably not allow it to be disabled anymore, since my
working 3.4 config fails on 3.5 with "make oldconfig".

Willy