Re: [remoteproc:for-next 6/9] remoteproc_virtio.c:(.text+0x238e7e):undefined reference to `vring_transport_features'

From: Ohad Ben-Cohen
Date: Tue Oct 09 2012 - 07:59:56 EST

Hi Sjur,

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Sjur BRENDELAND
<sjur.brandeland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry for not responding sooner, but I thought this issue was solved with
> your patch "remoteproc: fix (again) the virtio-related build breakage"
> (https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/6/85).
>
> I'm not sure I understand why you would want to add a dependency to ARM.
> But if you're uncomfortable by having STE_MODEM_RPROC directly selectable,
> perhaps we could let it be selected by arch specific Kconfig files, e.g. mach-ux500?

I would just like the Kconfig dependencies to reflect the "real world":

E.g., if there's no chance the STE modem is going to be used on x86,
then let's not ask x86 folks about it.

Does limiting the STE modem to certain platform/architectures make
sense ? (if not, that's ok)

Thanks,
Ohad.