Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.6.1-rt1

From: Tim Sander
Date: Tue Oct 09 2012 - 17:34:11 EST

Hi Thomas
> I'm pleased to announce the 3.6.1-rt1 release.
I also have to second the big thanks of Steven!

> * Fix for a potential deadlock in mm/slab.c. This had been reported
> as lockdep splats several times and stupidly ignored as a false
> positive, but in fact it's a real (though almost impossible to
> trigger) deadlock lurking.
Mh, just an unverified (i.e. i haven't had the time to dig into it)
information from my side: I think i have been seeing a total lockup on an OOM
condition. Is it possible that this possible deadlock
might have been triggered in such a condition more "reliably"?

Best regards
Tim