Re: [GIT PULL] perf updates/fixes

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Fri Oct 12 2012 - 05:07:21 EST

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:39:26AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Linus,
> >
> > Please pull the latest perf-urgent-for-linus git tree from:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git perf-urgent-for-linus
> >
> > HEAD: 95cf59ea72331d0093010543b8951bb43f262cac perf: Fix perf_cgroup_switch for sw-events
>
> Note that if you merge it then there's a new semantic conflict
> with recent rbtree.c changes in your tree, causing a tools/perf/
> build failure:
>
> ../../lib/rbtree.c:24:36: fatal error: linux/rbtree_augmented.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.
>
> See the fix below.
>
> ( If the __maybe_unused annotations are too ugly for
> lib/rbtree.c then we'll fix that in tools/perf in a cleaner
> way, weakening the compiler checks for the rbtree build. We
> are using stronger compiler checks in tools/perf/, which has
> served us very well so far and is a big net win - the price is
> the occasional extra annotation of dummy inline function
> parameters. )

Btw,

Markus fixed it that way recently:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=134980573527738

by adding the -Wno-unused-parameter switch only to lib/rbtree.o when
built from within perf.

I see now though that his patch has some unrelated changes to
trace-event-perl.c's permissions which shouldn't be there.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.