Re: [GIT PULL] UAPI disintegration for include/linux/{,byteorder/}*.h

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 13 2012 - 20:35:08 EST

David,
I want to make it very clear that if you *ever* suggest another big
include file cleanup, I will say "f*ck no" and block you from my
emails forever. Ok? So don't bother. We're done with these kinds of
games. Forever. It's not worth it, don't ever suggest it again for
some other "cleanup".

In the meantime, please fix the fact that "tools/perf" broke. I
suspect the only way to fix it is to teach perf to be compiled with
the proper "-I" incantation and a lot of header file changes. Right
now it uses things like

#include "../../../include/linux/perf_event.h"

which was broken by this pull. Sadly, I noticed too late, and the
broken mess is long pushed out.

Linus