Re: dtc: import latest upstream dtc

From: David Gibson
Date: Sun Oct 14 2012 - 03:44:06 EST

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 03:42:35PM +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> >Oh, that's strange. I'm pretty sure I've used -x assembler when I've
> >experimented with using cpp on dts manually before, and it seems to
> >have worked.
>
> Maybe you used "-x assembler-with-cpp"? That should work better ;-)
> Or just use the "-traditional-cpp" option, i.e. "gcc -E
> -traditional-cpp".

Ah, yes, assembler-with-cpp, that's the one I used.

> > Note that IIRC with gcc cpp, -x assembler also means
> >that # won't be handled as a cpp directive except in column 0 which is
> >also an advantage for us, although no longer essential with your
> >escaping support. Not all cpps have an equivalent option, though.
>
> This is how the traditional C pre-processor behaves. I don't think
> this is exactly what matters for DTS, or does it ever happen that
> you have a # preceded only by whitespace?

Uh.. pretty much whenever you define a #address-cells or #size-cells
property. At least until Stephen's patch to allow escaping that.

--
David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson