Re: [Request for review] Revised delete_module(2) manual page

From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2012 - 08:47:57 EST

Lucas,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.de.marchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
> <mtk.manpages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ping!
>>
>> Rusty (et al.) I'm pretty sure the new page text is okay, but I would
>> like someone knowledgeable to confirm.
>
> One more thing:
>
>> .SH "SEE ALSO"
>> .BR create_module (2),
>> .BR init_module (2),
>> .BR query_module (2),
>> .BR lsmod (8),
>> .BR rmmod (8)
>
> Shouldn't we remove the reference to query_module(2) and
> create_module(2)? They don't exist anymore (and I miss a bigger
> warning on their man pages).

I think the SEE ALSO links should be kept, but you are right that the
warnings that query_module(2) and create_module(2) no longer exist
should be more prominent on those pages. By chance, I'd already made
that change.

> Last, I think there should be a ref here to modprobe (because of -r
> flag), not lsmod. The rest looks good.

I'll add modprobe(8); I think lsmod(8) is worth keeping.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk