Re: Apparent serious progressive ext4 data corruption bug in 3.6.3(and other stable branches?)

From: Jim Rees
Date: Fri Oct 26 2012 - 23:12:01 EST

Theodore Ts'o wrote:

The problem is this code isn't done yet, and journal_checksum is
really not ready for prime time. When it is ready, my plan is to wire
it up so it is enabled by default; at the moment, it was intended for
developer experimentation only. As I said, it's my fault for not
clearly labelling it "Not for you!", or putting it under an #ifdef to
prevent unwary civilians from coming across the feature and saying,
"oooh, shiny!" and turning it on. :-(

Perhaps a word or two in the mount man page would be appropriate?